Sometimes we can’t help but have a day of indulgence. This may involve a large breakfast that you don’t normally have, the piece of cake you shouldn’t have had but couldn’t resist because you we’re with friends.
After a day like this you can feel bloated and your body tries to cash it can’t honour. We often want a healthy day after a day like this but how can you achieve it.
Here is a checklist of things to do to have a good day. If you can manage 2 or more consecutive days like this even better. Let me know how you get on.
1. Skip breakfast and have a large glass of cold water instead.
2. Go for a mile run the first thing in the morning. Make sure it’s the first thing you do.
3. Limit yourself to an eating window. I find that if allowing myself to start eating at 1.00 in the afternoon and finishing eating at 9.00 in the evening is about right. This is an 8 hour eating window. This stops me snacking in the morning and prevents me from going to bed on a full and heavy stomach.
4. Make this day alcohol free.
5. Limit the amount for caffeine you have. Have a black coffee in the morning but then no more.
6. Don’t eat any bread, pasta or rice. Completely reduce the amount of carbohydrate that you have.
7. Carry a water bottle with you at all times and have regular sips.
8. If you want to snack then have nuts or berries such as raspberries or strawberries. I love to snack on cashew nuts.
9. If you must have something sweet then have a couple of squares of over 85 percent cocoa chocolate.
10. Don’t eat bread, rice and potatoes or if you must don’t eat as part of the last meal of your day.
If you have any more tips then please let me know.