Stephen R Covey wrote a while ago about the seven habits of highly effective habits. These were
1. Be proactive
2. Begin with the end in mind
3. Put first things first
4. Think win-win
5. Seek first to understand then to be understood.
7. Sharpen the saw – in other words look after yourself so you are able to do a good job.
I thought it would be a useful exercise to make a list of some of the qualities that the highly effectively people I know have at work, social and family life. Here are fifteen more that follow on from a post I wrote earlier.
1. Will eat healthy snacks throughout the day if hungry.
2. Are regarded highly by other people and are know for doing a few things well.
3. Will listen to advice and if they are in charge of someone will expect 80% from them and are happy to complete 20% together.
4. Are happy to say no and in time people know what to ask of them or not.
5. When you are speaking to them they make you feel as I’d you are the most important thing at that time.
6. Do not take work e-mails with them on their phones and other gadgets.
7. Keep on contact with their family on a regular basis.
8. Will go the extra mile for someone but will have their friendship abused.
9. Are not addicted to there phones and happy to leave them behind for a morning without thinking their world is going to collapse.
10. Live for the moment and do not say they are tired as something to say. They will use change of activity to motivate them.
11. Good humour, always tries to see the funny side of situations.
12. Are realistic and are not inflexible as to always take a black and white approach.
13. Use digital sticky notes on the desktop as reminders.
14. Are not utter perfectionists.
15. Don’t think about money but just the work and task in hand.